Training: Kernel Internals for Linux Admins
It’s our very pleasure to announce a new training that will take place in early 2023.
Understanding certain kernel internals is not only useful for persons that intend developing kernel related software. It helps also while analyzing the runtime behavior of Linux in several situations a system administrator might occur. Even seasoned Linux admins can benefit from knowing where exactly to attach probes to or how to gather certain system statistics without excessive tooling.
- Overview of major subsystems in Linux and how they interact with each other.
- Deep dive into storage, network, CPU scheduling, security and container subsystems.
- Key kernel functions where attaching probes is fruitful when debugging issues.
- Differences between kernel versions of major Linux distributions (Debian, Ubuntu, RHEL, SLES).
- Deep dive into /proc, /sys and debugfs interfaces to understand how common tools work on Linux.
- Introduction to kernel tracing using perf, ftrace, bpftrace and other tools.
- Duration: 8 hours
- Price: EUR 1.000,- per person.
- Format: Remote; all presented material will be available to attendees after the session
- Targeted dates: March 22nd 2023, March 23rd 2023, April 26th 2023, April 27th 2023
Upon request the training is also available on site or at our training center in Innsbruck, Austria. Please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and registration.